vrijdag 3 juni 2011

truth or dare

A while ago, in my long and weary travels. I found myself in London for a few nights. I had just gotten a drink when I spotted someone who could use a friend. I walked up towards her table, maneuvering across the dancing couples, but when I had finally gotten there. She had disappeared. I made my way outside, maybe a walk by the Thames river, would do me some good. I had been going for a while now, it’s been so long I could barely remember why I was running. “But that’s my faith isn’t it, always helping others, never helping myself.” After a few minutes, I saw some people at the docks. And there she was, the moonlight reflecting of her. Seemed almost angelic. I saw her get on a boat, and sail away. That’s when our eyes met, and I realized I knew her. A girl from my past. Gerdien. A smile came over my face as she waved to me. I waved back. Wouldn’t see her again I thought, I was wrong. One month later in Los Angeles there she was, singing in some lounge cafĂ©. When the piano stopped playing, and she stopped singing, I walked over there, bought her a drink. And we spend the rest of the night talking about the good old times. About how she landed a big acting job. And about that one time we played a little game, a little game of truth or dare.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten