donderdag 8 juli 2010

On the Run

Take me back to my home, Put me on a train, Take me to the home I've never seen, Away from the place where my childhood died.

Cold and alone she sit's waiting for the train, waiting to get to somewhere else anywhere else. A misguided and misunderstood life she had lived so far.
Every morning she awoke from one nightmare only to find herself deep in another.
She had friends, but no one who really got her. She had people that understood her. but she kept them far away, afraid of what they might see. When she was young she looked at the world an saw beauty in everything. Now she can't look at the world for it hurts to much.
The moments that she really felt true happiness are a distant echo of the past. Many people she has influenced, only she cannot see the fruits of that because she keeps her eyes closed. Now she is waiting for the train, the train to take her home to the places she has never seen. The train to a life yet unlived. Leaving everything and everyone behind. Hoping that the grass is actually greener on the otherside.

And while waiting she sings Take me back to my home, Put me on a train, Take me to the home I've never seen, Away from the place where my childhood died. One last look at the hell she leaves behind, And she steps on the train. Free at last!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten