woensdag 20 oktober 2010

Noir Perspective

“No more stalling time to go to sleep.”

It was late in the night as I lay there on my bed. A broken shell of what once was a man. Recovering from the day that came before this night. Outside the moon was almost full. It made a disturbing yet luring sight. I was tired. But I couldn’t keep my eyes shut. Too tired to sleep, another cliché. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you.

I knew why I couldn’t sleep. The knowledge that tomorrow wouldn’t be any different haunted me. Just another day in the life. Normally on days like these I would write away my thoughts. But the apathy I felt. Blocked out any sound my muse made.

This entire day and it’s following night felt like a Moby song. The rhythm of what began to feel like a still life. Just taking you with the flow. Almost making it look like there is no free will. But of course there is. Our choices define us. If you’d made a different choice you would be a different person.

I could talk like I’m in a film noir movie a little more if I want to. But life isn’t a movie. Life is just this: It’s living. No more stalling time to go to sleep.

"Lady Karma is a cold hearted mistress, one day she can make you feel like a king, the next you feel like a slave."


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten