dinsdag 23 november 2010

Last Thought

I open my eyes. A cold wind brushes across my face. The sobering air makes my thoughts clearer. No sense in stalling. I walk forwards to the building. The building I hated, but in a strange way it was also kind of my home. I didn’t know how the day would end. But I knew, it was going to be hard. Everything I did earlier this morning seemed so far away like it had been months. But no reason to dwell in the past, I had accepted my faith before this day even started. Free will or not. My choice was made.

The building got bigger and was an intimidating sight. The Rising sun hidden just behind it. My thought digressed from the task at hand. I thought of all that I hold dear, those few people I cared about. And suddenly I no longer felt alone, even though it was clear what I had to do there were always my friends who I can trust. Not my greatest skill trusting. But this newfound feeling spread like a drug. I felt courage running through my veins.

As I approached the gates all the thoughts that ran through my head started to go silent. When all that remained was one image. My last thought as I walked through the gate wasn’t about the Task at hand. Not about my friends. Not about myself. It was that one thing that held the flames of passion alive. My Last Thought before the storm to come was of her.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten